Lānaʻi Fact Sheet
"The Embracing Isle"
See also: Why Lānaʻi, Map of Lānaʻi (PDF)
- Smallest inhabited island in Hawaiʻi
- Major City: Lānaʻi City
- Population: 2,700
- Total Rooms: 320
- Top Venue Regions: Mānele Bay, Lānaʻi City
Spanning only 141 square miles and relatively small in population, Lānaʻi is known for its aloha spirit, tightly knit community and unique offerings. Verdant beauty is the primary draw for meetings hosted on Lānaʻi, and the island is ideal for hosting small, executive gatherings.
Backcountry hikes and four-wheel drives off beaten paths make Lānaʻi one of Hawaiʻi’s most diverse travel experiences in a setting far removed from the more populated resort areas.
Lānaʻi City is a historic upcountry experience with mom-and-pop shops where you can connect with the community and support local. Remember to take your time and savor the slow and relaxed pace.
Above all else, Lānaʻi’s sense of privacy lends itself to reflections and forward-looking thought, inspiring meeting attendees to innovation and self-discovery.
Whether visiting for a daytrip via air or by ferry from Maui or for an extended pre- or post-meeting stay, Lānaʻi offers attractions and activities to fit any itinerary:
- In sunny south Lānaʻi, meeting attendees find a mix of luxury and tranquility at the Four Seasons Resort Lanai and Manele Golf Course, designed by Jack Nicklaus and ranked among the best golf courses in the country
- 80,000 acres of countryside open groups to hours or days of exploration. Lānaʻi invites visitors to four-wheel drive to Kaunolu, King Kamehameha’s summer fishing retreat on the island’s southern cliffs.
- The Lānaʻi Cultural & Heritage Center, home to a collection of traditional, cultural, and historical artifacts, cultivates knowledge of the island’s history, folklore, culture and customs.
Lānaʻi Accommodations & Venues
Meeting attendees seeking the ultimate escape can indulge in five-star amenities, including luxurious spa treatments, fine dining and horseback riding in locales where artful outdoor settings also provide the perfect backdrops for small conferences, retreat barbeques and rustic gatherings.
The Four Seasons Resort Lanai offers the ultimate luxury experience infused with friendly Four Seasons warmth. Offering oceanside splendor atop a rugged, red-lava cliff, meeting attendees may enjoy breathtaking indoor and outdoor venues, opportunities for dynamic teambuilding activities, oceanview and highland golf, open-air spa pampering, and exciting adventures in stunning natural landscapes.
Perfect for small conferences or events for up to 600 people, the resort offers:
- Indoor and outdoor event space in a number of flexible settings, including the Conference Center
- State-of-the-art audiovisual equipment for meetings use, from video cameras and microphones to slide projectors and laser pointers
- A total of 55,682 square feet of meeting space, with its largest ballroom measuring a total of 13,582 square feet.
Sensei Lanai, A Four Seasons Resort situated in the rolling hills above Lānaʻi City, opened in 2019. Geared towards incentive groups, this property offers an elegant, relaxing oasis. Designed with award-winning architects, the resort offers tranquility and luxury set amid rolling hills and tropical greenery.
Guests will find an inspiring destination where Sensei guides use an evidence-led approach to well-being, help guests fuel their passions and connect with their intentions to become well by offering enriching classes, new adventures, relaxing treatments, private wellness consultations and nutritious foods. Whether targeting a specific health goal or simply unwinding from the stresses of everyday life, unmatched hospitality, reputable experts and natural beauty combine to offer a journey in pursuit of movement, nourishment and rest.